The School KFI strives to create and sustain an atmosphere of learning so that children, in the words of J Krishnamurti, may “flower in goodness”. Knowledge, intellectual capacity and technological prowess alone have never been sufficient to meet life’s challenges. To live, one must remember, is to be related. And to be a complete human being we must continually learn and grow in mindful relatedness – to people, things, ideas, nature and, above all, to one’s inner self. The School KFI offers the space for the exploration of such an education.
The School KFI invites parents seeking to embark upon a journey of inquiry, not only for their children but also for themselves.
At The School we:
- Encourage children to discover and enjoy learning. We encourage them to go beyond comparison, competition, rewards, punishment or fear and, instead, look within to find their own motivations and predilections for learning and engagement.
- Go beyond the classroom in search of learning contexts that permit engagement with the lives and concerns of people both local and remote.
- Question self-indulgent lifestyles driven by trends in technology and fashion while practicing simplicity and resourcefulness in our daily life.
- Examine our acceptance not only of those societal norms that are imposed upon us but also those that have become internalised as ‘normal’ and ‘natural’ opinions, judgments and beliefs.
- Attempt to nurture a mind that is free of influence and, therefore, able to stand alone and act with responsibility beyond the divisive movements of society - near and far.
- Inquire into the self through conversations pertaining to our fears, desires and habits by observing our responses to everyday matters of sadness, indifference or delight.
- Commit to the practice of education as a dialogic process of questioning and reflection in an atmosphere attentive to the beauty of human and non-human relationships.
Admissions for the academic year 2017-18
Registration forms for the academic year 2017-18 shall be available on the dates given below:
Classes I and V from 18th to 28th February, 2017.
Class XI from 1st February to 28th February, 2017.
For information regarding admission to other classes, please check the school website on 18th February, 2017
Please Note : The School will be relocating from its present premises to Thazhambur in 2018.
"A school is a place where one learns
both the importance of knowledge and its irrelevance. It is a place
where one learns to observe the world without a particular point of
view or conclusion. One learns to look at the whole of man's endeavor,
his search for beauty, his search for truth and a way of living that
is not a contradiction between conclusion and action. It is a place
where both teacher and the taught learn a way of life in which conflict
"It is the concern
of these schools to bring about a new generation of human beings
who are free from self-centered action, to bring about a mind that
has no conflict within itself and so end the struggle and conflict
in the world about us."
- J. Krishnamurti