The School KFI strives to create and sustain an atmosphere of learning so that children, in the words of J Krishnamurti, may “flower in goodness”. Knowledge, intellectual capacity and technological prowess alone have never been sufficient to meet life’s challenges. To live, one must remember, is to be related. And to be a complete human being we must continually learn and grow in mindful relatedness – to people, things, ideas, nature and, above all, to one’s inner self. The School KFI offers the space for the exploration of such an education.
The School KFI invites parents seeking to embark upon a journey of inquiry, not only for their children but also for themselves.
At The School we:
- Encourage children to discover and enjoy learning. We encourage them to go beyond comparison, competition, rewards, punishment or fear and, instead, look within to find their own motivations and predilections for learning and engagement.
- Go beyond the classroom in search of learning contexts that permit engagement with the lives and concerns of people both local and remote.
- Question self-indulgent lifestyles driven by trends in technology and fashion while practicing simplicity and resourcefulness in our daily life.
- Examine our acceptance not only of those societal norms that are imposed upon us but also those that have become internalised as ‘normal’ and ‘natural’ opinions, judgments and beliefs.
- Attempt to nurture a mind that is free of influence and, therefore, able to stand alone and act with responsibility beyond the divisive movements of society - near and far.
- Inquire into the self through conversations pertaining to our fears, desires and habits by observing our responses to everyday matters of sadness, indifference or delight.
- Commit to the practice of education as a dialogic process of questioning and reflection in an atmosphere attentive to the beauty of human and non-human relationships.
NEWSLETTER - APRIL 2014
In this Issue:
- Art Display
- MAG Day
- Basketball League
- Middle School Field Trip
- Middle School Project
NEWSLETTER - NOVEMBER 2013
In this Issue:
- Star Visitor
- Tapestry of Simple Living - Auroville
- Khelon Ka Mausam
- It is a Poochi's World
ADMISSIONS ARE CLOSED FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2014-15
THE SCHOOL KFI TO RELOCATE
The School KFI will be relocating in about two years.
The location will be announced once registration of the land is completed.